A PROFILE FOR APPLICANTS OF MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMS
A. English Competency
B. Assessment Exam: Logic and reasoning ability
C. Ministry Exposure
- Had at least two years of active ministry in evangelism, discipleship, and leadership. Preferably 25 years old.
D. Spiritual and Emotional Maturity
- A growing disciple based on IGSL requirements
- Satisfactory references
- Consistently practicing spiritual disciplines: worship, personal
Bible study, Spirit-filled life, quiet time, witnessing, tithing, etc.
E. Stewardship Mindset
- Able to raise support needs
- Shows responsibility in all that God has entrusted him/her
F. Educational Attainment
- For master’s degree programs – bachelor’s degree and at least two years of ministry experience
- For doctoral programs – master’s degree and ministry experience
G. Pastor and/or Church Recommendation
H. Clear Calling and Vision
I. PhilHealth Membership (for Filipino applicants only)
Please go to the links below for the ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS of:
[bg_collapse_level2 view=”button-orange” color=”#4a4949″ icon=”arrow” expand_text=”Doctor of Ministry (DMin) in Transformational Leadership” collapse_text=”Show less” ]
(exceptions will be weighed carefully)
The Doctor of Ministry in Transformational Leadership program is aimed at leaders of church and parachurch organizations who:
Have completed a M.Div. or equivalent degree with a GPA of at least “B+” and have an adequate graduate-level academic background in biblical, theological, and ministerial studies to pursue doctoral work.
Have been in active Christian leadership for at least 5 years after completing their master’s degree.
Are in leadership of church planting work, a multi-staff church (or cluster of churches), a parachurch ministry, a regional/national ministry, or a denominational ministry.
Meet other appropriate character, ministry, and academic standards, including English proficiency.
[bg_collapse_level2 view=”button-orange” color=”#4a4949″ icon=”arrow” expand_text=”Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Ministry (DMin) in Peace Studies” collapse_text=”Show less” ]
!! The application deadline for the new 2019 Cohort is February 11, 2019. All application forms should be received at IGSL by February 11, 2019.
This joint program has one set of application forms. However, each of the degree programs has somewhat different entrance requirements.
- ThM program– requires an MDiv degree; or an MA degree (or equivalent) with a minimum of graduate level course work in Bible and Theology (12 credits), education/practical ministry/leadership courses (12 credits) and research methods (6 credits).
- DMin program – requires an MDiv degree or equivalent.
- PhD program – requires either the MDiv degree or a sufficiently strong MA (see the ThM requirement). Participants fully admitted to the joint program who complete the first and second year courses and practicum work at a high level, may apply to the PhD program after the third year block courses. Consideration will be given to the participant’s GPA (looking for A- ), previous degree work, evidence of ministry skills, timely completion of course work, ministry gifting/competencies, and ministry goals.